Accounts Assistant (Part time)
Part time accounts assisstant role for a well respected company in the heart of Cardiff. They are looking for a confident, well presented individual who will be responsible for the processing of employee expenses and accounts payable, the provision of management information, financial reporting, compliance with VAT/PAYE regulations.
My client is a well established professional services firm in the heart of Cardiff. They are looking for a candidate with good analytical and problem solving skills and with an ability to identify process improvement opportunities. A candidate who can clarify objectives, aims and timescales to deliver the required outcome and who can build and develop strong relationships with peers and the leadership team.
The role responsibilities will include:
- Oversight of the firm's accounts payable (AP) and expenses payment processes
- Ensuring the correct VAT recovery of transactions posted
- Liaison with stakeholders around the business resolve queries
- Involvement in monthly reporting, such as identification of areas requiring prepayments and accruals at each month end
The successful candidate will:
- Have an ability to actively engage in the business, through strong verbal communication skills and a pro-active approach
- Be able to work independently or as part of a team, while planning and prioritising tasks effectively
- Have excellent attention to detail
- An understanding of VAT recovery processes
- Experience of all aspects of accounts payable / expense systems, preferably within a professional services environment but this is not essential.
The successful candidate should:
- At least 2 years of practical experience of accounting and/or banking/book keeping procedures
- Have relevant experience within a professional services environment. (Desirable)
- Have Strong IT skills including excellent knowledge of Excel Data extraction and analysis and Pivot tables/V Lookups
If successful you will have a wide range of benefits including:
- A competitive salary and a generous pension scheme
- Great benefits
- Discounts on a wide range of products
- Opportunities for progression within the business