Finance Business Partner
You will be the number 2 in finance reporting directly into the FD. The goal is to continue driven the business forward by building excellent relationships and mentoring the junior management accountant to help them make strategic finance decisions.
Our client is a renowned business services provider with a reputation for excellence.
- Provide pro-active and reactive financial and commercial analysis to support Head of Finance in driving business performance, optimising revenue, containing and reducing cost base and managing cash requirements.
- Provide input and support to the improvement and standardisation of Virgin Care financial and commercial reporting with a focus on internal and external customer requirements
- Provide ad hoc financial analysis to key stakeholders as required (Head of Financial Planning and Analysis, Heads of Finance, Heads of Operations, Service Managers, Exec team).
- Work with operational teams, Head of Financial Planning and Analysis, and Head(s) of Finance to prepare annual budgets and rolling monthly re-forecasts.
- Provide analysis and commentary to support individual service, business unit or Regional reviews and monthly business unit performance reports.
- Be pivotal in the implementation of the Workforce plans, and performance management of actual workforce spends against budget in each service.
First point of financial contact for operational teams and Head(s) of Finance. Will need to build strong relationships with key operational contacts in the field and expected to make site visits as appropriate to facilitate this.
Other responsibilities to be agreed individually
Technical Skills required:
- Qualified ACA/CIMA/ACCA (or equivalent)
- Experience of accounts preparation from TB to final accounts
- Advanced Microsoft Excel user
- Fully IT literate, able to adopt new systems with ease
- Driving license and access to car
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a team
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure of tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a dynamic reporting environment and adapt to change
- Confidence to challenge operational management when appropriate
- Ability to build strong relationships with site based operational contacts
- Must be able to clearly explain/interpret complex financial issue to non financial operational contacts
Relevant systems experience (PS Financials, Oracle, Vision)
Competitive basic + excellent package