Finance Business Partner
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a large and prestigious higher education institution as a finance business partner that will be contributing to the development and growth of the business by getting involved in the analyses and long-term planning from a financial perspective providing advice and solutions to stakeholders.
Work for one of the most well established higher education institutions in the UK that are focussing on ambitious growth and development plans for the coming years. They are currently looking for a finance business partner who is organised and enthusiastic about contributing to the business planning process to help them achieve their vision. In a transforming industry they are seeking the best candidates to support them in successfully implementing new business processes that align with their strategy.
- Working closely with the Heads of Schools and Corporate Services to produce and manage budgets, forecasts and monthly management accounts and advise them on key results and analyses.
- Support and provide guidance so Heads of Departments and Project Managers with decision making and informed decisions.
- Provide analyses to understand in detail cost drivers affecting the activities of Departments and Programmes.
- Interpret and analyse complex data to provide viable solutions.
- Prepare management accounts and support the Financial Accounting to ensure accurate recording of financial information.
- Build good working relationships with Budget holders and Senior Managers to support them with all aspects of financial queries.
- Support training and workshops within the business.
- Support the Head of Management Accounting with production of external returns.
- Undertake any other ad-hoc project work necessary.
Successful Applicant for this Finance Business Partner Role:
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA OR CIPFA).
- Some exposure working in a Management Accounting role.
- Exposure in preparing financial plans and budgets and ability to monitor performance and variances against these budgets.
- Exposure to financial forecasting and preparation of business cases.
- Ability to analyse problems and drive change.
- Good communication skills with both finance and non-finance managers.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work well with senior colleagues.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage heavy workload.
- Excellent excel skills and exposure to using finance systems.
- Exposure to budgeting within the higher education sector
- Exposure to using Agresso
- £45 - £50k
- 25 day annual leave
- 35 hours per week
- Generous Benefits Package
- Candidates will be subject to criminal record checks via the Disclosure and Barring Service.