An exciting opportunity for an experienced finance professional who is looking to have a direct impact on the financial performance of a business whilst also developing their own knowledge and skill set. The successful applicant will join in the Commercial Accountant capacity having responsibility for producing detailed financial analysis, forecasting and budgets to present to the wider business.
A leading name in the manufacturing and production sector, they are a rapidly growing business who can offer fantastic opportunities for progression and to have an impact on the business. Operating from facilities in Peterborough the Commercial Accountant will join a driven and ambitious team who have a wealth of knowledge to provide the successful applicant.
The Commercial Accountant will be responsible for:
- Compiling detailed forecasts to provide to senior heads of Finance, as well as the wider teams
- Have control over the budgeting processes of the business
- Produce weekly and monthly accounts to be shared with the wider business
- Providing variance analysis in detailed reports to be shared with the Finance Manager
- Solely ensuring the accurate and timely completion on month end processes
- Working closely with heads of the teams in the business to ensure the finance needs are met
- Assisting with the year end processes including the accounts and budget
- Commentating on the P&L performance to the senior heads of Finance
The successful applicant for the Commercial Accountant position will be:
- ACCA or CIMA part-qualified
- Advanced user of Excel capable of handling and analysing large amounts of data
- Experienced across a number of financial systems
- Confident in building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders as well as clients
- Experienced in working within a fast paced and commercial environment
- Comfortable in working in a sole capacity on occasion
- A proven track record and producing detailed and accurate analysis
The successful applicant for the Commercial Accountant position will be making a fantastic career step to a market leading and established manufacturing and production business operating from Peterborough. The Peterborough based business are able to provide an environment conducive to success which can provide a number of opportunities for progression alongside a competitive salary and wide ranging benefits package.