Commercial Accounting opportunity to join a business at the forefront of a staple industry in Derbyshire
Your new company
A market leading organisation operating within a cornerstone industry of the Derbyshire market. Seeking to appoint a commercial business facing accountant to join a growing finance function in an exciting time for the business.
Your new role
Reporting into a dynamic Financial Controller, within a broader finance team of 15 you will have responsibility for the following:
- Support the Finance Controller in the creation and analysis of maintenance forecast
- Tracking the changes to the key budget assumptions relating to maintenance contracts
- Providing the business and owners with regular updates ton emerging maintenance trends, profitability and NPV etc
- Identify with Operational teams and Finance Controller the changes required to be modelled.
- Maintain clear documentation of the changes made, the reasons for them and supporting documentation (e.g. new customer offers or revised supplier contracts etc.)
- Ensure a clear audit trail from the current forecast to the resulting update prepared.
- Analyse the changes to the forecast against expectations to ensure that they are calculated correctly.
- Assist in the routine Budget and forecast and valuation model updates preparation as required.
This role has a heavy bias to business partnering focus and will require you to have strong analytical skills and interpersonal and communication skills.
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this role you will be:
- Immediately Available
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Have experience of budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis
- High competence on Excel and other Microsoft applications
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational and time management
- Self-Starter, enthusiasm and analytical mindset
What you'll get in return
You will receive a generous rate of pay £50,000 - £60,000, alongside numerous benefits including pension, holidays and ad-hoc incentives. Most of all you will join a highly skilled and commercial environment with the opportunity to develop and hone your skillset.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.