Finance Operations Reconciliations Governance Lead
Finance Operations Reconciliations Governance Lead, Norwich
Your new role
As the Finance Operations Reconciliations Governance Lead you will be accountable for implementing General Ledger Reconciliation Performance Management Frameworks & adherence to Rec Governance requirements, maintaining a robust operational control environment in Finance Operations as part of the new Operating Model. This role is focussed on delivering consistent global GL close processes across Finance Operations to make Finance better, cheaper and faster. With the GL Close Team directly reporting into you, you will also be expected to create and maintain effective working relationships with Global Process Owners and other key stakeholders, the Finance Operations Director and the internal/external Audit teams.
This role will support and drive global, standard processes for GL Reconciliations Governance across Finance Operations and beyond, applying effective and appropriate control and reporting frameworks. Specifically, the following points to be addressed:
- Support GL Reconciliations delivery in accordance with market Service Level Agreements.
- Maintaining the control environment, including data quality, within risk appetites and in compliance with Group Risk Policies and Business Standards; ensuring effective risk management processes and controls (onshore and offshore), via timely reporting and resolution of financial and operational risks and issues
- Leadership and supporting strategic direction for the Offshore Governance Teams.
- Input into the Finance Operations offshoring strategy, shared service model and organisation design
- Work with the Group Finance for the Future (GFF) team on delivering the Group's Finance IT Strategy (e.g. Global Chart of Accounts, GI EDW & Global Reconciliations tool Projects)
- Influence key stakeholders across the Group to buy into and to deliver the target Finance Operations Models
- The role holder will operate within an environment of good control and governance whilst having a strong grasp of the regulatory, legal and business risk implications of opportunities and decisions.
What you'll need to succeed
- Recognised accounting qualification
- Capable of working internationally and across multiple locations with ease
- Proven change management and transformation skills set
- Outstanding stakeholder engagement and relationship management
- A demonstrated commercial mind set
- Strong knowledge of insurance market, IFRS accounting & regulatory reporting
What you'll get in return
- A competitive salary depending on skills, qualifications and experience
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Excellent range of flexible benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.