Divisional Financial Controller
An exciting opportunity has arisen for you to join a growing construction business in Leicestershire as the Divisional Financial Controller.
This large construction business has created a new Divisional Financial Controller role based in Leicestershire to support in driving a strategic change agenda. The business is extremely well positioned to take market share through organic and acquisitive growth plans and the Financial Controller will contribute to the decisions made.
Given the growth opportunity the business has, the Financial Controller will need to demonstrate a broad skill set and the ability to adapt quickly. Whilst the role will involve the development of the strategic view of finance, the individual will be required to get their 'hands dirty' and be into the detail where required.
The key duties will include:
- Leadership and development of the finance department and working alongside the Divisional Managing Director to create succession plans
- Review, provide commentary and analysis of management and financial accounts including the ledgers, accruals and financial plans including budgets and forecasts
- Responsibility for preparation of the Board Reports
- Providing sales analysis and commercial ROI for marketing plans
- Acting as the financial liaison for the group function
This unique Divisional Financial Controller role will present a rare career development opportunity. Working with the divisional leadership team to drive the local performance whilst maintaining a relationship with the group function will be key.
The business will be looking for the candidate to bring a solid accounting background paired with a highly commercial outlook to finance. You will be able to influence the organisation, support the growth and enjoy the job satisfaction at the same time.
The Divisional Financial Controller will ideally:
- Have had some exposure to the construction sector including house building / property development
- Be able to lead a small team and have a track record for their driving performance
- Demonstrate adaptability and the ability to facilitate change
- Be professionally qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Communicate effectively at all levels
- Have worked with and developed the COINS financial systems
- be energised by the prospect of exposure to M&A, Joint ventures and new contract wins
As the company is such a large business, the candidate will be given the opportunity to develop a long-term career either in the division or within the wider group of companies.
£65,000 - £80,000 + leading benefits