This FC role will lead the finance team in multi-site, UK group reporting and M&A finance. Additionally, they will take responsibility of the finance aspect of a new implementation.
Our client is a highly acquisitive, PE backed business with operations throughout the UK, headquartered in Scotland, in the Edinburgh area.
- Responsible for the monthly management accounts and operating performance reports.
- Drive all aspects of financial reporting and financial control. Some liaison with the PE funder may be required to enhance the reporting pack through the use of a business intelligence tool
- Lead the finance team to be a full business support function to nursery and regional managers
- Responsible for the control and management of the annual budgeting process
- Involvement in M&A/corporate finance acquisitions with the responsibility to integrate financial processes and systems
- Lead the business's transition from an outdated ERP system, primarily used for staff management and invoicing to an updated system to drive a stronger competitive offer to customers and more accurate information
- Responsible for a team of 5 employees - looking to build a more outward facing team
- Improve timely financial reporting, financial controls and related systems. Reduce the reliance on spreadsheets
- As part of the management team, you will support and provide operational and financial advice to the business and play an important role in business growth
- Develop and maintaining efficient financial systems / controls
- ACA, ACCA, or CIMA qualified
- 3-5years' experience as a Financial Controller or Senior (reporting) Finance Manager
- Understanding of the requirements of a fast growing, multi site business would be a distinct advantage
- Expertise in controlling, reporting, budgeting, reconciliations and working with financial models is a must. Highly competent in the use of Excel
- Experience of the implementation of a new ERP system or other multi-stakeholder IT finance project
- Experienced in people management and team building
- An understanding of the education industry and private equity ownership
- High attention to detail with strong analytical and change management skills
- Enthusiastic, dynamic, open minded personality
- Highly motivated individual with strong business sense
- Comfortable in challenging business conditions and able to work independently
- Strong empathy with the ambitions of a PE backed business, but understanding the drivers and implications of a the industry
- Good communication and presentation skills with all levels of busines
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a strong identification towards the growth of the company
The client is offering a highly competitive salary pacakage and a lot of scope to grow a highly performing function around you, as well as professional and personal growth.