Financial Accountant - Development
Are you a strong, technical reporting Accountant who is looking to get involved in commercial development and new building projects?
Leading Housing Association in Merseyside
Key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Production of financial accounts and year end statements
- Production of financial reports, VAT and associated commentary
- run the process of creating annual budgets for companies within the Group
- to be the owner of the fixed asset register for Group companies
- to monitor the income and expenditure for Group subsidiaries to ensure adherence to agreed business plans, and to report on variances against that plan
- to develop and operate various accounting controls within the Finance function
- Support the Financial Controller and Group Director - Finance in advising the Board on the Group's financial viability and headroom to exploit marketplace opportunities.
- To understand and mitigate the Group's existing and future risks.
- Reconcile strategic plans to actual results, short term forecasts and annual budgets
- To ensure an expert advice and support service to the Group's directors and managers regarding current and future strategic financial planning
- To contribute proactively towards a high performing Finance team.
- To provide peer challenge across the Finance team to drive team performance.
- To deliver a first class internal service that is valued by colleagues and external parties.
Ideally with housing experience either private or public
Must be Qualified and a couple of years post qualified experience
Must be proactive, keen to progress and have innovative solutions
£45,000 base salary with generous package
Flexible working is integrated in the model